Sunday, August 09, 2015

Some Recentness...

...for those who don't do Facebook.

Last night was Illumination Night in Rockport.  For those of us who venture amongst the mobs in town, it is an opportunity to go wild with photo taking.  Thank goodness for digital, can't imagine the expense this household would rack up if we were still using 35mm (I do prefer it though).  Anyway, some severe editing and I'm posting a few shots here.
lanterns hanging in Barletta Park (and throughout town)
A view from our spot above Back Beach

Sometimes the most fun about fireworks is trying to photograph them!

Lots of action

There were dozens of boats anchored in Sandy Bay to watch the show.

Some more subtle than others
Red at night...sailor's delight.

3 comments:

Bernard said...

Excellent pictures Deb. Do you let the camera choose the exposure? Or do you set the shutter speed and exposure?
My camera would probably take one look at the light level and trigger the flash. :-(
I'm sure there is a way round this, but to be honest - I can't be bothered to download and print off the user manual.

deb said...

These were taken with my cell phone. I'm getting too lazy to carry the camera! The cell phone does its own thing with flash turned off. You can make it do 'special' stuff, but I haven't bothered to learn. My digital camera has a 'fireworks' setting, believe it or not. I've used that in the past...with not so different results. Biggest challenge is timing, as there is a bit of delay between depressing the shutter button and the pic actually being taken.

Unknown said...

Lovely pics