Sunday, December 20, 2009

It May Look Pretty, But...

it's no fun to shovel or drive in. Here are the requisite photos of what I woke up to this morning.The initial shoveling was backbreaking. With drifting the snow depths were from 0 to 18 inches or more.As noted by the snow plastered against our sliding doors that go out to the deck, it's blowing a gale outside. I spent about an hour and fifteen minutes with my first shovel out. I'll be back at it again shortly. My face is so red it looks like I spent an afternoon in the sun. Only in my dreams. 'A' has to be at work at 2 p.m. I was sort of hoping she'd call in sick since she has a sore throat. No such luck.

Sigh...

I'm dreaming of a sun-drenched Christmas,
Where temps are eighty and above.
Turquoise waters and orange blossoms,
And palm trees swaying are what I love.

Sigh again.

4 comments:

Scribbs said...

Guess I won't tell you it was 72 and sunny here today....

deb said...

Gee, thanks! Not eighty but I'd just have to settle for it.

Merry Christmas, Scribbs!

Scribbs said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Deb!

P.S. Since the previous comment, it has grown chilly and windy here...and I picked up a nasty cold! Funny how I never got colds while spending time in snowy, often sub-zero places....

deb said...

I'm sorry about the weather...and your cold. My daughter, 'A', has a really bad cold at the moment. So unfair to be sick for the holidays.
Take care and get well soon.