Sunday, August 27, 2006

After You (are you sure?)

Some people..........

We drive part of the newspaper route on Saturday mornings. The papers have to be out before 9 a.m., we have to "assemble" them, and they are generally pretty heavy. So I decided part of the route would be best driven and notices were given to those customers that their papers would be in their driveways on Sat. rather than at the doors. It's hilarious! We are not very adept at throwing papers from a moving (little) pick-up truck. We do piles of giggling! Anyway, as I am waiting to pull out of a side street on to the main road, a car flashes headlights and comes to a stop to let me out. There was one car coming from the opposite direction and was very close. I had to wait just seconds before pulling out. Just as *I* got halfway out the guy who had stopped for me decides to hit the gas pedal. Geez! He nearly hit me broadside. I really gave him a glare in disbelief! Next time he is being courteous I hope he means it.

Later in the day, we head for the bank. The parking lot is overflowing with cars, but we manage a space. When we get in the bank there are a lot of people milling around and doing their paperwork at the "desks". Not a soul in line. So, I am first in line and my daughter is behind me. A teller becomes available so I'm all set. As I'm waiting at the teller, I hear another teller ask for the next in line. I look back expecting my daughter to be heading for the counter and I see this woman just walk right up from the lobby, past everyone, to the teller. And no, she wasn't blind! I would have said something like. "excuse me, I believe that I was next in line", but my daughter didn't.

Some people.....are totally oblivious to the fact that there is anyone else in the world besides themselves!

I wish I could have hidden at home for the rest of the day. Not so lucky. I had to go work on a nickelodeon. I thought I would finish up the job, but there are a couple quirky things happening that I have yet to figure out the solutions to, so not done yet. When I get the job done I'll post some pictures. It's a really cool instrument and gambling machine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you've gone and done it now! I am singing that song, and can't get it out of my head: "Put another nickel in, in the nickelodeon la la la :-)m