Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Change is Good.......Bills are Better

The first half of the week has been swinging in extremes. I was convinced by Monday evening that things were not going well and probably wouldn't for the rest of the week. I really goofed on Monday. For the second time in fourteen years, I forgot to go to an appointment with a customer. Totally my fault. It was in my appointment book for Monday, but every time that I looked at it, I saw Tuesday. I don't know why. I know, only twice in fourteen years isn't bad, but it still makes me angry at myself.

Well, we all went to Skip's, in Merrimac MA, for a late lunch. Got home at around 4 p.m. to a pile of messages on the answering machine. One was the customer. I was supposed to be at her house at 2. Oops. I called her immediately, apologized profusely, and rescheduled for Tuesday. Phew.

Tuesday rolls around and I'm super conscious of the time! Before leaving for the half hour drive to the customer's house, I did a quick email check. Email was not good. I found out that a good friend's father-in-law is very ill. I feel so bad, wish there was something I could do, know there really isn't. I wish we lived closer, at least for hugs. So, prayers that he is soon better.

I found a nickel Tuesday.

Today the sun is finally out again. I get feeling so sunshine deprived when it's gloomy for more than a day! I awoke early, very early and couldn't get back to sleep. Thoughts and wishes heading north to friends.

Had breakfast and coffee while watching "our" chipmunk stare down a squirrel. Tough little guy. This evening I'm having dinner with some friends and discussing some ideas for a forum they want me to lead. Yikes! This really is not my thing. I hope we keep it a small group and very informal. I've been going over some ideas in my head.

Today, I found exactly one half of a five dollar bill. Hmmmm....
I looked around the same area, and guess what? I found the other half! Yippeee! Of course I've already spent it on flowers for tonight.

So...yesterday a nickel, today a five dollar bill, tomorrow.....five hundred dollar bills?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the title! Right away I assumed that you were using "change" as relating to the tenuous journey we are on and how best laid plans don't always work out and then I tried to figure out how getting "bills" to be paid would fit into the discussion. How well adjusted you must be to like life changes AND getting bills . . .

and then I read your blog and laughed at my false assumption. Really wanted to say something brillant and funny about maybe I'll tag along with you every day to try to get some of the loot laying around town but the picture of me in my braces and cane stivering up the streets and going at a snails pace was enough! Don't be scared - I'll stay home and cheer you on from afar :-)