Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Running in all Directions

I need a break! It's not so much that I haven't had "time off' from piano work, I have. It's just that my time off seems to be filled with running errands, making phone calls, and entertaining guests. And I don't mind any of that but it seems to come all at once! I have fit in a bit of piano work in between the rest - just to keep up with things.

A friend came for the afternoon, yesterday. We've known each other for 33 years, but only sporadically visit. We had lunch at Ellen's Harborside and then went for a walk and to look in the shops on Bearskin Neck. Fortunately the weather had cleared and it was a pleasant day. She brought a delicious banana bread (how did she know that I had neglected to keep track of time and burnt one that I was baking the day before?). At dinner time my folks wanted to get hamburgers at Skip's. That made for a long car ride! By the time I caught up with everything else that I had neglected for the day it was after 11 p.m. I'm tired today!

My day started with the usual 4 mile walk, then some shop work, and lunch over email. I got a very nice thank you from Sue. Made my day. Here it is:

Hi Deb,
Thanks for a lovely day yesterday; lunch was great and I love what you've done with your new digs! Your creativity and resourcefulness always amaze me.. I also envy your ability to tackle all that life throws at you and still bounce back with a smile. If only more people exhibited your strength, calm and personal power. Pat yourself on the back for me!! I always enjoy our walks and talks. Thanks again, Sue


And I was eating the banana nut bread while reading it!

Listened to a friend on a radio show. I only caught the last half as the interview started a half hour earlier than planned. The segment was about her book, Net Crimes & Misdemeanors. It's a fantastic book and an essential resource for anyone going online. Buy it!

Then...yep, off again! This time to the woodworking store for some supplies to complete a reed organ I'm working on. Next stop the Toyota dealership to pick up the little (ahem, $50) hubcap that I had ordered (mine had been stolen), and on to the mall for some shopping. I bought a couple more 5 Brown's CDs (that's a hint that at least two of you will be seeing the CD at your doors). Got home in time for a late dinner and once again a late night catching up on other "fun" stuff and correspondence.

Gee, maybe tomorrow I can have a restful day just working!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

On what station was the interview with the author? If she is scheduled again, give us a heads up so we can tune in also.

How long does it take you to walk through a pair of shoes?

deb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
deb said...

The radio station was in Arizona, Achieve radio. I listened to the broadcast on my computer.

6 months :-)

Netcrimes said...

Sooooo, you sneaky woman. You've had a blog all along.

Thanks for mentioning me!

deb said...

All along??? Check the dates! Anyway, I guess I should have given better clues.