Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Waiting

There is almost nothing worse than waiting. Right this moment I'm waiting. I'm waiting for glue to dry, paint to dry, and wood patch to set up. The glue is on the workings of the reed organ, paint on the painting I'm working on, and patch on the reed organ. Having three processes going at once was supposed to relieve me of empty waiting. I'm also waiting for two sets of keys to arrive. One from Florida and one from California. I hate when people say they are sending work and then they take their time about it. Wait, wait, wait. Never quite sure whether they've changed their minds or what. Could arrive any minute...........or never.

I'm waiting for summer. That one's going to take a while, I'm afraid.

One thing I'm not waiting for is my mom's prescription plan to kick in. Timothy worked miracles and she received her acceptance letter from Humana. Now we do wait for the actual card. And claim forms from her old plan to submit her bills.

Today, while I'm waiting, I could clean the house (nah), go for a walk (maybe), waste more time on the computer (a good possibility), or work on some other little projects in the cellar (most likely). I did make the mistake of going through some old photos. Here I am waiting as my picture is taken at an abandoned sugar mill on St. John, USVI! Yikes, how depressing, I just figured out that this picture was taken 26 years ago.

I think I'll go check that glue.

6 comments:

Little Wing said...

Life has turned into a waiting game.
I 'waited' in a doctors office the other day for an hour and 45 minutes.
Like MY time was worth nothing.

I think the photo is great!!!!

deb said...

Many, many years ago, my first ex sent his dentist a bill when he had to wait over an hour. Then we waited for payment! The dentist did pay and, you know, he was never late getting my husband in for any appointments after that!

Anonymous said...

Aw! You are a poser! You sure that it is you? Looks a bit on the young side to me! lol.

deb said...

oh, clever one you are, dickiebo. My mistake. It was 27 years and 2 months ago! I was 26. That would make it 1981 BC (before child).

Linda Ball said...

You look SO young! Because you were.

I went to the cable company to return a box today and thought I'd have to wait but I didn't even have to take a number. Last time I went to get my dad's box replaced I waited about thirty minutes. You never know.

deb said...

Seems it's not just the year count that ages me. (sigh) I would love to be back then, there. And yes, some things would need 'do-overs'.