Friday, March 21, 2008

What a Pain Day

Today was designated to be clean the house day. Mostly that happened with a large amount of Spring cleaning all morning. It feels good to get things straightened and cleaned, freshened. Especially when I've got collections that tend to gather dust and are too much bother to seriously clean regularly. Well, all the Art Deco chromeware is cleaned, the shelves washed down, Statue of Liberties thoroughly dusted and all the weekly vacuuming and dusting finished. I even washed the floors!

I sent out another set of keys yesterday and more will be arriving next week. I also scheduled some tunings and an evaluation for next week. The High School had me in to do an estimate for necessary work on their six pianos. Things were going just swell.

You know that can't last!

I was doing a very professional booklet presentation for the High School when on the last page printing, my black ink crapped out. No big deal, I thought, I'll just pop in a new cartridge. I still had the cover page to write and print. The little tape-y covering on the cartridge was very sticky but it did peel off. I put the new cartridge in and went through the rigamarole (is that how it's spelled and is it a real word?) and it won't print correctly. Drat. I've tried everything imaginable to make it print right. I've cleaned it both with the printer program and literally per Dell's 'if that didn't work do this' directions. Nothing except using up 2 hours of the afternoon. Looks just like the old one with barely perceptible script. I'm clueless for what to do now other than buy another cartridge and try again. In the meantime, I'm converting everything I need to print to a color. Any color other than black and I'm fine. Problem is I don't want the cover page 'in living color'. I guess I'll print it in dark blue and then take it to be photocopied in black. What a pain.

Other annoying things. I was working on a frame for one of the 5 X 7 oils and cut one side too short.

I did succeed in taking a little picture of some of the easel minis.

Some other interesting things are going on but I'll have to keep you in suspense for a bit.

You do know it's a full moon?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb -- we could print you a nice BLACK original, if you like... No problem at all.

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad that (Good?) Friday is gone. I hate that day.
Tomorrow (Monday) we can start living again. Spring-cleaning? Show me the way. lol.

deb said...

edts, thanks so much for the offer. I've still got to write the cover sheet. I've also got to come up with a new evaluation form for my job on Wednesday. I'll be writing these today...yeah on the holiday. Amanda wants a trip to the mall on Monday so I'll stop by Staples for a new cartridge and see what happens. Might be easiest to just stop at ESP for a couple copies this time and hope the new ink works. I've got to get the booklet to the HS on Monday.

dickiebo, My mom's standard comment for Good Friday since she was 10. "What's so good about it?" Her brother was killed when his B-29 crashed during a training flight...on Good Friday. Obviously not the same actual date, but memorable since a child.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, Deb. Dear Claire - B's Mum, - used to hate Good Friday too, because her Mum died on that day. Never did forget it.

Linda Ball said...

rigamarole or rigmarole...n. an elaborate or complicated procedure

Statues of Liberty, Chrome Deco? I knew you were a soul mate. Only I have a few Eiffel Towers instead. What? No globe collection?

deb said...

Nope, closest to 'globes' are a couple snow globes with the........





Statue of Liberty inside.