Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Star Dumbstruck


The postcard shows the building that is now the candy factory where I work. A few of the details have changed over the years, but not many. Presently the left third of the front section of the building houses the taffy pulling room. Here the 'taffy boy' and the taffy pulling is on display for all the tourists to peer in at. The remainder of the front of the building is retail. The first floor back section is the candy factory.

Sunday was a relatively slow day for retail as far as a weekend day goes. I waited on a lady and her friend who were buying "just enough for a three year old" gummy worms and bears. It was a small handful; just over one dollars worth. They paid and left. As soon as they were out the door, the taffy boy quit what he was doing to rush out of the taffy room to where I was standing behind the counter.

"Do you know who that was?" The taffy boy was grinning from ear to ear.

"No, who?" I asked.

"That was Salma Hayek," he exclaimed.

He was still talking about it on Monday!


(note: This afternoon my computer goes in for it's annual check up. I will be a bit out of touch for a couple days. I'm not ignoring you!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute story.

dickiebo said...

Who the hell is Salma Hayek?

dickiebo said...

S'alright. Don't bother. I've just googled her!
PS. Is that you crossing the road, Deb?

deb said...

Anon-thanks.
Dickiebo-Google her.
Dickiebo-Just knew that was going to be your next comment. And...no it's not!