Saturday, March 10, 2007

South Tower - a lighthouse




















I really liked this card that came in the mail for my membership renewal to the Thacher Island Association. The drawing is a copy of the original from tower construction plans of 1859. The restoration and upkeep of Thacher Island is accomplished with NO Rockport tax dollars. Thacher Island is to be the future home of the Bridgeport reed organ that I recently restored.

Click on either image for a larger view or to read the text.

2 comments:

dickiebo said...

Well deb; this blog tempted me to take a tour of Thacher Island and the Rockport sites. So, that was how I spent a large part of Sunday morning.
Really enjoyable.

deb said...

Glad you had a good time! I have sort of a love/hate relationship with the community. Small town living can be so temperamental. Since I run a business that depends on the immediate community's support, I work on being publicly apolitical. I may decide to voice my general opinions on some social issues and their place in my town in the near future.