Wednesday, June 09, 2010

10...9...8...7...6...

5...4...3...2...1...making progress!This cramped view of the "Cosmicventure" was taken after the rocket was launched (with full- color tissue paper flames!) to it's temporary suspension at the other end of my workshop. That was yesterday. Today, I applied it's name, nosecone 'windows', and it's registration number : 3498 - T. It shall remain flying over my painting and jewelry production workbench until it is needed. I sat under it, today, painting necklace ivories! It's in very cramped quarters for two reasons. The first, to assure that it is out of the main walking traffic areas of the cellar. The second, well, there were already two screw hooks overhead to hang it from! The close quarters location makes photo taking challenging. One final post-trial launch photo will be taken shortly, to be followed in just over a month with another - it's arrival at it's final destination in the sanctuary of the First Baptist Church.

I love having a chance to play!

3 comments:

elizabeth down the street said...

Bravo, Deb! I definitely think you should be in touch with "Houston" -- with lift off so imminent!

scribbs, the rocket boy said...

Verrrry Buck Rogers-esque! I love it!

deb said...

(grin) Just wait until it's seen flying through the universe!