Wednesday, May 06, 2009

On Edge, Stressed, and Down

Yes, that's why I haven't posted much of late.

Business has been very borderline. A couple tunings, a couple key jobs. A new key client. The school seems to have forgotten that I exist. At least as far as paying me goes. I had an estimate to go and do today. I knew that it would be a make do, slim on money prospect. Evidently so slim on cash that they left a message yesterday canceling the appointment for a FREE estimate! Ultimately it was a good thing it was canceled as I spent three and a half hours with my mom at the emergency room. She wasn't feeling well this morning and called her doctor. Since her symptoms were light-headed, weak, sickish, and her arm was sore to touch and ache-y, her doctor told her to go to the hospital. Blood work and a three hour wait to even see a doctor! Then did a quick EKG. Sent her home. Supposedly everything is fine. To me, it seems like a repeat of the Christmas holiday illness. I got to work on keys after we got home.

The bills continue to come in and I'm just managing to squeak by. I hate this. I don't know how I'll keep up with everything. Mom stuff, Amanda to and from work, my two day job, keeping the piano business going on schedule, and all the house stuff. Painting, repairing, lawn mowing.

Here's a picture I took last week that's a whole lot more cheerful than I am right now.

1 comment:

Bernard said...

Music Deb, Music always seems to work for me. Get some of that '20s dance music on.
I can remember going into work in London one day on the Tube.
There among the adverts was a poem.

"The Sun will sometimes melt a field of sorrow, that seemed hard frozen"

There you are, Sunshine and Music.

Cheers.......Bernard