Saturday, July 05, 2008

Oh My

Just a very quick post as I may not be here for a couple days. The way I feel now, could be years! (Just kidding).

The crafts fair was extremely busy today. Lots of lookers, not many buyers. I sold one easel mini and five ivory necklaces.

When I left the house early this morning, I reminded my mother to be on the lookout for a box of keys. I was expecting one more set to be arriving. Literally number eight of the latest bunch of the past week. When I got home she said that no boxes had arrived. Thank goodness, I've still got four sets in the workshop to finish up. At just before eight o'clock I headed out the door to pick up Amanda from work.

Guess what?

A box.

And not the one I was expecting. The box was from another tech customer for whom I routinely do key work.

I dragged it in the house and went to get Amanda.

Before I headed up to 'retire' (hah) for the night, I decided to open the envelope taped to the top of the box to see what work he needed done.

Oh my, there are TWO sets of keys in the box.

Numbers nine and ten in ten days.

So, add all that to two days at Tuck's, a piano moving job, three tunings, car shopping with mom, and mowing the lawn! I'll surface eventually!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely delegate the last two, Deb. I mean, I'd really like to give a hand but....well, you saw my new motto; 'After doing nothing, I do enjoy resting'!

deb said...

Well, would need to teach 'A' how to use the new mower - best saved for when I have more time. Too hot out for Mom to be doing it. And the car shopping, no getting out of that!

Worked last night, got up at 6:30 and worked until going to work at 9:30. Got home at 6:30, quick snack and back to work until 10. Tomorrow will be another early one. Work at Tuck's afternoon and night - home at 10 p.m.

And on and on.....