Friday, March 06, 2009

Minutes for Me

Wow! Those acrid keys have been shipped, 'A' is at work, and my mom is off on her own for the afternoon. I've time to myself. In actuality, I should be either working on the reed organ, finishing my taxes, cleaning the house, cleaning the workshop, or working on jewelry. I'm not. Maybe I will later. I found two pennies this morning and when I got home from that I found a box waiting at my door. It's all the stuff from the 50th anniversary celebration of San Jose' Elementary School, in Dunedin, FL. Remember they called about printing posters from my painting? The 'anniversary day' was on February 13th. Yep, Friday the 13th. Hope it went well for them.Included in the box were the program (I got an entire paragraph devoted to me!), a copy of the legislative recognition, two cups (one in photo), two tote bags, one gift bag, two pencils (one pictured), an alumni button for 'A', a copy of the "About the Artist" placard that they displayed with the original painting, AND... the celebration reprint that has my painting of the school as the background. (I gave them permission to make reproductions and sell them to support the PTA.) Mine has a message written in the upper left corner:

D____L____, What a beautiful picture you created for San Jose'. Thank you for supporting our 50th celebration. M____W____, Principal

A magnificent day. Doesn't take much to please me.

No comments: