Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Tropical Days...

and nights.  It's been a very hot and humid summer here.  Not complaining, you understand.  I do like hot weather.  I like it better when given the opportunity to cool off under a swaying palm, floating in turquoise water, or some air conditioning to seek shelter in.  It's much easier to tolerate hot weather when you have acclimated yourself to it...like 18 years living in Florida.  Once you spend a couple winters in the cold, hot and humid becomes, well, barely tolerable.  Especially without the three above mentioned opportunities.

The only palm in sight
Last night, after 9 p.m. 'A' and I went for a walk.  The air had cooled down a little bit...maybe the low 80's...and there was a not-so-swaying palm..

2 comments:

humid, dessicated scribbs said...

I've come to the conclusion that I simply don't like weather. Extremes in heat, cold, dryness and humidity all bug me.

I shoulda been a fish.

Still, I find the presence of a palm tree in your area comforting. Thought I'd have to go to Florida (or back to California *shudders*) to see one again....

deb said...

Kinda like a piano...

And I've still got a swaying palm in my living room! Going on 3 months and still has enough helium!