Sunday, September 10, 2006

Bits and Pieces

Don't look for anything clever having to do with the title. It just is what it is!

First question - Why are some people so self-centered, uncaring, and oblivious to any responsibility to others?

Second question - Do there seem to be more of those people lately?

Okay, I feel better having asked.........

I'm a member of several online groups and there is an individual on one of these groups that frequently comes up with some oh-so-applicable comments. I think I'll begin calling them Ronnisms. BTW, I met this guy at a convention this year. He is a great guy. Funny and down-to-earth, and very, very intelligent. So here are a couple recent Ronnisms:

"While being exposed as an idiot has gotten easier through the years by repetition, it's still nice to make the really moronic mistakes in private once in a while."

"I never could define the difference between intrigue and folly without crossing the line occasionally."

Watch for more Ronnisms in the future........

And now.........................

I'm thrilled! I have completed the "guts" to a customer's Kawai reed organ. I tested it today and it is fantastic! This instrument pumps sooooo easily. I still have some case repairs to finish before I can declare the job done. I've got another reed organ to work on after. It is a Bridgeport and about 60 years older than the Kawai. It may live at the "Keeper's House" on Thacher Island when it is finished. That'll be cool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very exciting that the reed organ may sail over to Thatcher island when you are done making it all better. When you know for sure and have a date for that to happen, please post the info. I think it would be cool to watch it leave. The newspaper should cover it also. I am sure the Island committee has it all under control but it is a "happening" to be shared!

deb said...

It won't set sail until next spring! If all goes as scheduled, I will have the job completed by the end of February 2007. For obvious reasons it won't head for the island then. I hadn't thought of making it a media event. Way to go :) thanks!