Monday, September 04, 2006

Me in Wonderland?

It all started early Saturday morning while I was delivering newspapers. As I was delivering to a house that is at the end of a dirt road, I noticed a rabbit wandering near the side of the house. This wasn't a wild rabbit. It was a LOP. Enormous and white. I talked softly to it but it wouldn't let me get close. I wondered where it escaped from.

So, with it being a holiday today, we had to deliver the papers early in the morning once again. As I was leaving the dirt road, I saw the white rabbit again. This time near the edge of the road. It was nibbling on some grass and looking quite pathetic. I stopped and talked to it again, hoping to get close enough to pat it. I felt so bad for it as it had obviously been out in the rain over the weekend. As I tried to slowly approach, "Whabbit" as I am now calling it, (white + rabbit) ran a ways off, trying to keep it's distance. This time though, I did get a bit closer and Whabbit did stay around for awhile and listened to me.

Yes, it got me thinking. Hmmm...seeing a white rabbit. But, I won't follow it and I hate mushrooms!

No comments: