Friday, September 15, 2006

Skip's and Gripes


Another Monday and it was another trip to Skip's for burgers. I had to go that way anyway! On this trip we went to Haverhill to Building 19 since I had to get some "oriental carpet" for reed organ rebuilds. I use inexpensive carpets for the covering on the pump pedals. It's about as close to original as I can make the appearance. I ended up buying 4 small rugs (one for myself for my kitchen!). It's great that they are under $10, look great (very convincing), and therefore I don't mind cutting them up for pedal mats.

Then on to Skip's. This time we made another stop afterwards. Hodgies Ice Cream! It's about 5 minutes down the road from Skip's. Some really cool guys let us "cut" in line! Talk about a long afternoon in the car. An hour there, eat lunch in the car, eat ice cream in the car, then an hour back home. Phew............

On to other things.....................................................

This week it was pretty slim pickings for found objects. Two pennies, a No. 2 pencil, and a senior citizen. Yep, you read it right. I was walking out Main Street, on the non-sidewalk side of the road (had to be facing oncoming traffic). There was an older lady wearing a red, wool, tartan plaid skirt and navy sweater carrying a blue tote bag. As I passed her she said "excuse me, may I ask a question?" She was wondering how much farther it was to the DenMar Nursing Home. Yikes! She was totally off course. I told her she had the wrong road and that it would be about the same distance ( well over a mile) from town that she had already walked, but on South Street, not Main. I suggested that she stop at the police station, just a little bit farther, and someone would be glad to give her a ride to the nursing home. No, she decided to wait until another day, cross the street and wait for the bus to Gloucester. Okie-dokie. I continued on my way. Later, when I headed back down the hill towards town and home, I could see "Lady Lost" walking on down waaaayyyy ahead of me. No bus ride and I haven't a clue where she ended up. Maybe she's still walking!

************************************

Okay, now my gripe of the week. I'm tired of being blamed! Lady claims she didn't get a newspaper. Insists she didn't and calls the paper to complain. Gee, we count out the number of papers per route two times. Once when we undo the bundles and again when packing the papers for delivery. This is so we CAN'T miss anyone. If we did we would have a extra paper at the end of the route! And yes, that has happened sometimes. Do we ignore it? Of course not! We call, knock on doors, whatever it takes until we find out where that extra paper belongs. Grrrrr. And yes, I'm overly sensitive about being accused. I know this. And I know why, too. I was accused of stealing (or failing to return) a school library book when I was in 4th grade. They made me search the shelves for the book. I was in tears. I never found it. They did. Someone else had taken it without signing it out. While divorcing my first husband I was accused of spending him into bankrupcy. He denied me access to our joint account because I was frivolously spending on groceries. "What is she buying?" my attorney asked during depositions. "Is she buying lobster, steak, what?" "No", the soon-to-be-ex replies, "Pop-tarts." Everyone in the room giggled. Then I have a second divorce and I'm *wrongfully* accused of enticement and entrapment, and of stealing over $200,000. And yes, all that was proven to be fabricated and lies. Give me a break. I'm honest. Yes, I make mistakes. I've got two ex-husbands, right? It still bugs me. Please think before blaming anyone.

Okay, done griping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your new rug in the kitchen. Enjoy them curly fries!! Later, Sue

deb said...

Hey, Sue. The school library incident was at the Bagnall School (small world)!