Sunday, September 17, 2006

Venturing Into a New Experience

Ahhhhhhh........a deep breath and.........

I just did my first media interview! A writer for Ladies Home Journal had emailed and scheduled a telephone interview for 2 p.m. today. The interview was for part of a feature the magazine is doing on cyberstalking. I wasn't really nervous about it, I just had no idea what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. For the most part, I actually enjoyed doing it. My concern is that there was soooo much information that it might be confusing. Anyway, I was very impressed with the writer, Joe Treen. First of all, and a pet peeve with me, he was ON TIME! I liked this guy from the start LOL. And, he was easy to talk to, asked good questions, and LISTENED. I'll be sending him some documentation this week. Now, I have no idea whether anything about "my story" will actually make it in to his article, or whether anything will make it in to the magazine. But you can be sure if it does, I'll let you know!

Now exhaling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am not the least bit surprised that you felt comfortable doing the interview. I can see some public speaking in your future. We, the "public" have a LOT to learn from your expertise and past experience. Speaking before a group of people who want to learn and be enlightened will be similar to this interview only you'll have a few faces to look at rather than the phone! I for one look forward to the article AND hearing you in person!

Congratulations on a good well done!

deb said...

Well, you may see public speaking in my future, but don't start a career in the fortune telling industry! You *may* get ONE very small speaking engagement from me but only because the right group of folks have asked :). I am not at all comfortable with faces looking at me. The phone was nice.