Friday, January 11, 2008

The 7 Random Thingy

Well, I'm a bit late with this but...The seven neighbors and friends...Betsy, Craig, Deb, Sue, Robbie, Kevin, and Tyler.



Seems there has been a meme goin' round. List seven things about yourself that people most likely aren't aware of (that's the gist, I think).

It took me some time to come up with seven things. Most of the things that I thought of nearly everyone familiar with me would already know. Like I'm a workaholic, like warm weather (make that hot and humid) and enjoy being, err, a bit not normal.

Here's what I finally came up with:
  1. I'm still friends with the first person I met, our first day of college nearly 35 years ago.
  2. I love the smell of tea. I drink iced tea but hot tea makes me ill.
  3. I like to visit places that are the outmost, highest, furthest...Mt. Washington, Provincetown, Key West, or even just a small point of land.
  4. I hate having to wear socks and shoes.
  5. I've never dyed my hair, although I did have it highlighted once.
  6. On my tenth birthday my cake said, "Happy Birthday Debbie and Paul (McCartney)".
  7. I'm a realist hiding behind optimism.
So there you have it.

4 comments:

Little Wing said...

Happy Birthday Debbie and Paul (McCartney)......
Ok that is so cool, I LOVE it!!!!!

deb said...

Twas a good year! We had the party, with a dozen or so friends, at a place called Putnam Pantry. One of the best things about the place was that you "built your own" ice cream sundae, smorgasbord style. And then cake as well, June 18, 1965. As mentioned, I turned ten. Paul turned 23. Oh yeah, I just luvvvvved Paul!

Anonymous said...

And Dickiebo turned 27! And as you obviously didn't miss me, I didn't miss you either. So there!
Things had better be different this year, or....no cigar! And don't forget to invite Mary along, as well. I have diarised it.

deb said...

Oh, now I feel so badly. I will not forget you this year, dear twin!