Thursday, January 03, 2008

Football Americano

So I don't particularly care for football, never been to Italy, but I do like pizza once in a while.

And most of the time I enjoy John Grisham's books.

Therefore the latest 'Recent Reads' goes to John Grisham's "Playing for Pizza".
The book chronicles the demise of an American NFL quarterback and his subsequent last hope for success with the Parma Panthers. As in Parma, Italy. It's an easy read, not overly football technical (thankfully), and gives tons of tour guide to Italy and food, food, food!

Yes, the cover illustrated in my sidebar is the large print edition. I was something like number 98 on the waiting list to get the 'regular' print edition from the library. I happened to check the large print section while at the library on Sunday and found this edition. At least my mother can read the book now that I've finished it - she needs the large print.

note from deb: I have no idea why the graphic of the book cover stretched a bit and doesn't fit the sidebar neatly.

3 comments:

Little Wing said...

deb, I love John Grisham.
What a great job you did on this, I was wondering if it would be all football technical myself!

Anonymous said...

I can see that you have too much spare time. All this reading will damage your eyes, so, watch it.
I guess it's not too late to go to Italy! You don't have to watch footy matches or eat pizzas. You can just 'throw a coin in the fountain'.

deb said...

I think the book will be the closest I get to Italy. Well, I guess you can never know what the future holds, but UK, Australia, Tonga, and the Caribbean would top the list.

It was a very different Grisham.