Tuesday, January 08, 2008

An August Afternoon (aka Number One)

Well, here's Number One completed.
Just a little contest. Anyone know the location? (Hint - UK) And how about the surnames of the two figures depicted (one is difficult to see in the photo but is stooped over near the right edge of the stream)?

Number Two is about a third completed and is a 'House Portrait' of my former home in Lanesville. Keywork has slowed progress a bit. I'm also working on a reed organ for resale and completing a modification on some furniture for Amanda. Today I bought some supplies for the mini-art for local fairs.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Deb! The painting draws the observer right into it and makes me want to walk up over the bridge. Am looking forward to one of the Brits (is that an okay name to call you all that live across the pond?) coming up with the location.

What a great avocation - will keep you out (or in) of trouble!

Looking forward to seeing more. Are you going to put up a gallery on here so visitors could see all of them?

deb said...

Hmmm, hadn't thought of that.

Bloggery?
Blollery?
Gallerblog?
Blallery? Sort of like that one.

Anonymous said...

Boggery?

deb said...

Sounds like you've been drinking from the vernal pool!

Anonymous said...

You all are sooo funny. I have to keep coming back to read your back and forth comments! Makes my day . .

. . . although as I have said, I know that I need to get a life :-)

deb said...

Gotta do something to keep people reading!

Little Wing said...

Beautiful, deb!
I am also waiting to hear who and where!
You have such talent!

deb said...

Sometimes i feel like my hair will be totally white before this goes anywhere!

Today, keywork is finished and tunings done for the week....laundry, balance checkbook, paint, paint, paint!

(Oh yeah, work on A's furniture once more, but it'll be waiting for glue to dry so...paint, paint, paint)

Anonymous said...

Deb,

This looks to me like the bridge over the river Doon in the village of Allway, Scotland. This village is today a suburb of Ayr.

I would think the two boys would be Tommy Albright and Jeff Douglas, characters from the musical Brigadoon set in a mythical village based around this bridge.

deb said...

Impressive guess! Not surprising, though, considering the source.

Incorrect however.