Wednesday, January 30, 2008

T Parties?

I guess it began with Tupperware. Then those home 'sales parties' expanded to include cutlery, candles, lingerie, toys, gifts and more. Well, now the 'more' has been taken to the extreme.

Taser Parties. Yes, really and truly.

This morning on "Today" the founder of Taser Parties was interviewed. Seems many such parties have been hosted in California. The founder was quite proud to provide a list of other states where parties are being hosted. On the list were Nevada, Colorado and Miami.

Idiot. Miami isn't a state. Say FLORIDA. I hate that.

But what I hate more are taser parties. And more...you can buy them in cute colors. I'm sure the pink taser looks quite feminine. You can also buy accessories at the parties. They sell clip on soft carry 'holsters' that also have a pocket for an iPod. This is crazy.

I am shocked.

UPDATE: Mary sent me a link to this blog, http://www.funnytheworld.com/2008/Jan/31.htm
Check out her post on the same subject/show/interview

5 comments:

Little Wing said...

deb the thing that scares me, (I live in California) is that pretty soon EVERYONE will have their own taser except me and how will I defend myself!!!!!!!

deb said...

Uh, let's see, automatic weapon, rocket launcher? Oh, flame thrower comes to mind. (I wish I had one for snow removal!)

How about a grenade party?

Should be fun in the schools when that 13 y/o decides to take mom's to 'play' with.

Whatever happened to good, old-fashioned pepper spray for personal safety?

Anonymous said...

. . and whatever happened to our culture that we have seemingly lost ourselves and many are stooping to act worse than animals. The animal kingdom has a code of caring. And we humans are a tad higher on the scale? hmmm

It seems to me that those of us humans who still have a moral center should raise the bar rather than go along and accept the lowest common denominator. Even if we have to suffer a bit. I don't think my carrying a T is going to make my world better. . just will make me as "them".
c
r
a
s
h

Oops, I just fell off of my soapbox!

deb said...

Please climb back up, Mary, we need you!

First off, I try to remain a-political only because stuff really and truly 'bugs' me so much.

Secondly, I wrote this post because much has been written on the UK police blogs and by dickiebo on the controversy of the UK police being armed with tasers and here we (we used loosely) are in the US selling them to the general public!

And add to that the fact that we seemingly feel it is appropriate to PROMOTE the sales on national television like it is a cute, new trendy thing. "Oh my, I just MUST have one in red to match my new Valentine's outfit."

I continue to be appalled and embarrassed by my fellow countrymen and US policy. Yes, I know that there are many good folk among us. It's a same that their voices are not louder.

deb said...

As an aside...

There was a story on the news this morning about companies that now allow moms to bring their babies and toddlers to work with them. They used the reasoning that many women in the workplace feel guilty about leaving their children for their career and that they shouldn't have to feel guilt.

Huh? Isn't guilt a barometer? Doesn't it play a very important role in guidance? I say we adjust our criminal code to delete it as well. Wouldn't want those ax murderers feeling guilty, now would we.

What HAVE we become?