Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sometimes......

Well, just sometimes things are soooo messed up and out of wack. Sometimes coincidence seems to work in all the wrong ways. And sometimes everything seems to get thrown together all at once so that the world is spinning.

It has been that way this week.

My dad's eye surgery went very well and his doctor is very pleased so far. However, things are just messed up for my Dad. He hasn't been "right" since Monday evening. He has fallen twice, but we understand that risk because of what the "bubble clamp" inside his eye can do to depth perception and balance. But, also, he has been getting very edgy and jittery in the evenings. Then he starts making comments and talking about stuff that doesn't make any sense to the situation. Last night he wanted to know if I had returned the nickel that I borrowed to go shopping. He was looking high and low for a pen he didn't drop. The night before, he woke my mother up about every half hour with some strange comment or request. One time he wanted sugar for his cereal and insisted he had a bowl of cereal next to him in bed. This was in the wee hours of the morning. His eye surgeon changed one of the drops he has to use, hoping that was what was causing the problem. Not yet.

It is very difficult to watch his condition deteriorate so rapidly. My mom gets desperate and turns to me. She woke me up at 5 a.m. the other morning because of how he was behaving. I wish that there was a way I *could* fix it, as she wants. I made some suggestions including calling his doctor, if they could wait the few hours, or if not, calling the ambulance. I just got told I was of no help. So then I was awake and upset.

And to top it off......Monday night there was a message on my parents machine that I am 99% sure was "the" problem person. Those of you who don't know who I mean will have to email me privately as I won't mention that name here. I have traced the number that the call was made from. It is a "spoofed" number. It is a number that is no longer in service, and at one time belonged to a global software corp that has since met it's demise due to massive, multi-million dollars of fraud. Some other phone calls have been happening, too.

Sooo...on top of everything else. On top of being awakened at 5 a.m., of spending the next few hours upset and in tears off and on. On top of all that, I had to truck on up to the police station once again. I was really on edge emotionally, so took a lot of deep breaths and got myself calm enough to go in. I kept my fingers crossed that the officer handling my harassment case would be there and I could get it all done with quickly.

No such luck. He was out on patrol according to the officer at the desk.

Well, how about the court officer? He knows the case and I've talked to him many times before.

No, he's working on an investigation.

Sooooo, my guy is supposed to call or find me while I'm delivering papers. I head out to my truck. After I got in and ready to leave, I started crying again. Why couldn't *anything* go right? Well, I didn't want to be sitting in my truck in front of the station and "in view", in case anyone inside started wondering why I hadn't left yet. So, calming myself again, I wiped off my wet face and I saw "my guy" walking out of the station towards my truck.

I managed to keep calm and we went in to the interview room while I described the phone call and gave him a copy of the tracing and research that I had done. I know that there probably isn't much that can be done. But telling me that at least the phone calls weren't as bad as the emails I had gotten in the past stunned me. Haven't they learned anything?! Don't they understand how it feels to have an unstable person repeatedly harassing and threatening?

Sooo....back to my truck and a few more very brief tears. A big inhale and I have to get on with the day. I am so thankful for Jayne and her friendship, assistance, and support. She is truly the "good" that has come from this mess.

Another totally different upside. The owners of the Kawai organ are coming to pay the balance on Thursday evening and the movers will be here Saturday to take it. Some keywork has started up again and the "questionable" customer from FL has turned out to be legit. Phewww.

1 comment:

deb said...

An update. The officer handling my case emailed tonight (Monday). Just makes me feel a bit better even if there is nothing that can be done right now.