Monday, October 09, 2006

Too Much, Today

And I thought today might be a good one. Hah.

First, and the easiest, my daughter was in a snit. I haven't a clue why. She has been super lazy lately and that's one thing that has been driving me crazy. She hasn't been lifting a finger to help out around the house. This is particularly needed now as I try to help with my folks more than normal. I'll be blunt - she's pissing me off. Yes, I know that's not a nice thing to say but, there it is. She isn't even doing her "normal" share of things and I'm really mad about it. Then she wants me to fix her earring for her. Tough, not happening. I don't have the time because I'm having to do everything else while she sits. So now she's mad at me.

My dad evidently had a bad night. First thing out of my mom's mouth this morning. He became confused and disoriented during the night (and a bit just before bedtime when she was putting his eyedrops in for him). Now he is having an even harder time walking. His legs just seem too weak. They had friends visit for the afternoon and everyone wanted to go to "Ellen's" for lunch.
My mom didn't want to have to get my dad into the restaurant and then leave and find a parking spot, so I had the duty of chauffeur. My dad could hardly manage getting into Ellen's with a walker. He had been doing somewhat well with just a cane.....up until the eye surgery. I thought maybe it was his limited vision through his bad eye, but it's more than that.

After company left, my mom and dad had a bout with impatience with each other. Neither listen very well. Dad's a bit deaf and Mom makes assumptions without really listening. Next thing I know, my mom is at my door yelling at me that she can't "handle" him anymore. She gives up. She can't be helping him up and down all the time, etc. Then she leaves my house. Now she's mad at me. I know what she wants me to say. I won't say it.

Yes, this is hard on all of us. *Everyone* needs to help out instead of dumping it all on me.

Soooooooo, always the optimist...........maybe tomorrow will be piles better.

No comments: