Sunday, December 21, 2008

First Day of Winter


Okay, I've had enough winter weather. We had the big snowfall of Friday. It managed to drag itself into Saturday. It never really stopped snowing although it did lighten up. We had a one hour break this morning and then it was at it again. This time, after dumping 5 inches, it changed to rain and then sleet. I got absolutely drenched through shoveling the snow and slush before it all froze in place. Temperatures have dropped from the mid 30s to the teens. The wind is howling from the west this time. All the slush and snow left on the ground has frozen solid. The town hasn't done much of a job with plowing. The worst job I've seen in the seven winters I've been back (at least in our neighborhood). No salt or even sand on our street yet. My body aches all over from three days of snow removal...and oh yeah, I walked to work and back home today.

How many more days until Spring? Somewhere around 90? sigh

4 comments:

MrScribbler said...

Yup, Winter's a real killer around here: it's 55 degrees right now (6:42 PM), and we may get rain tomorrow....

I can't take it, I tell ya!

deb said...

Oh, how mean and cruel! You must be suffering so...about as much as I suffered through 18 years of Florida. Ahhhhh, palm trees, turquoise waters, balmy breezes off the Gulf.

Anonymous said...

We know Scribs is actually jealous! ;-)

I'm with you Deb -- bones all ache with shoveling, getting wet and cold, and then shoveling some more... But would you believe that son #2 actually ENJOYED being outside this weekend?! Could've knocked us all over with a feather!

deb said...

Just when you think you have them figured out...........