Tuesday, December 09, 2008

H-H-Hollyport

Today was a catch up on stuff day. I was supposed to work at Tuck's but snow (yes, that nasty white stuff) was falling this morning and I got a phone call telling me I wouldn't be needed. Things were sssssssllllllooooooowwwwwwww. So I actually took care of all (well almost all) the paperwork that's been hanging around. I found a long ago put away item that a co-worker would like to have (I'll take it in to work Sunday). I went to the bank and the library after taking 'A' to work. At the library, I picked up three books out of the 'Buck-a-Book' selection. All three are books that I had considered paying full price for over the past half year but had talked myself out of the purchases. At $1.00 each, I'll splurge. Oh, the books are: The Shack by William P. Young, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, and Loving Frank by Nancy Horan. I don't know which I'll begin with yet. All three are New York Times best sellers.

While I was in town I decided to take myself for a walk on Bearskin Neck. I was one of maybe six people out there! It was getting late and it was rather nippy. What I didn't like seeing were so many for sale and for rent signs. One window had a 'Closing After 28 Years' sign.

I had parked on T-Wharf and at the time I'd noticed a few odd looking trailers parked on High Street, next to 'my' church. I drove home up Broadway and discovered 'Hatteras Hotel' was filming at our old police station. I went home and grabbed my camera and headed back to the town parking lot (just for you picture loving readers).So here they are setting up at the old police station. Adjoining is our central fire station. An interesting point is that our new police station is being utilized in the movie to depict a large metropolitan station and our old to depict a station that would be in keeping with a town our size. Uh huh.

And it quit snowing by noontime. Slightly warmer temps have just about erased all evidence!

No comments: