Saturday, December 27, 2008

Latest Reading

A few nights ago, I finished reading The Shack. I'm almost at a loss for words on this one. Really not my type of story, yet obviously it held my interest. I did finish it. The tale starts out quite everyday-ish and then quickly progresses in to a very personal spiritual journey. Yet this is fiction. The main character, Mack, meets up with Papa (God as a black woman), his/her son Jesus (Mack relates to him the easiest), and Sarayu (holy ghost/spirit) who then work to enlighten Mack while showing him that his grief and guilt can be overcome. That weekend spent at the shack with the Trinity comprises the bulk of the story. It has some cute commentary as Mack tries to relate to the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. The ending is predictable with a slight twist.

Not a favorite as casual reading. Do I recommend it? I don't know. I guess the best thing you can do is check out the website if you're curious (click on the picture of the book in the sidebar). Decide for yourself.

No comments: