Sunday, January 21, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

South Beach, Miami, FL What a switch from the freezing northeast! These paintings were hanging on the wall of my family room when I lived in Florida. I did them. (They are intentionally simplified color blocks rather than a realism approach.) Number one is the Park Central Hotel, number two is the Plymouth Hotel, and number three is the Winterhaven Hotel. I did another painting that shows a long stretch of the Art Deco hotels along Ocean Drive. Doc and I stayed at the Park Central when we visited South Beach in either 1985 or 6. I can't remember. I do remember that it was in the beginning of May and it was the weekend that the finale of Miami Vice was airing! When I moved from FL to MA I knew that I would be living in far smaller quarters so I sold piles of stuff. I sold the paintings. They were rather large and would have looked a bit out of place in the New England setting. Sometime during the period between Fall 2002 and Fall 2005, I think I saw one of these paintings again! I was watching a tv show called CSI-Miami (told you I missed FL) and I'm pretty sure that either painting one or three was on the wall of a hotel room in one of the scenes on the show. At the time, I could have told you which painting it was (I think it was one). Anyway, it was so fast that it was one of those "did I really see that" moments. I may have to invest in DVD's of the show to find out - or I suppose an email with the photos above might work!

----------------------------------------------------

Carole and Ed came to visit today. I rushed around all morning getting some key work done, cleaning the house, running a couple errands. Yes, I skipped church. We had a nice visit. Ed used to be Chief of Surgery at Mass Eye and Ear. Carole has been a family friend almost forever.

----------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow I head to Dover once more. I'm buying some more tools and picking up one that I've purchased as a gift for someone. I'll be getting there in the afternoon and the ship model people will be there, too. They are doing a final walk through of the shop prior to the semi trailer arriving Tuesday morning to load up all the inventory. That will be a huge job.

----------------------------------------------------

Tuesday I'll be shipping out the keys that I'm rebushing and I have to meet Joe the piano tech when he delivers some for new keytops. The Bridgeport reed organ is nearly finished. I have a few little adjustments to make and then the case will get a good cleaning and polishing. In a couple weeks there will be another arriving!

-----------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, Amanda has the day off from Stop & Shop so I'm hoping we can go furniture shopping. I'll have to have the new keytops glued by sometime today on Joe's keys so that I can do the machining on them tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------

Thursday I hope will be a totally shopwork day. I want to finish Joe's keys so that I can ship them in the afternoon and I'd like to finish the reed organ.

-----------------------------------------------------

Wow, another week almost filled up!

No comments: