Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Ahind and Ahead, Assigned Numbers

Traveling back nearly 20 years and saying..."No, Amanda, it's BEhind not Ahind". Funny the things that we remember.

Now that Christmas is over I spent some time thinking about the past year. I have been soooo anxious to get this year over with. It hasn't been very good.

So, AHIND...

  1. 3 of my newspaper customers died of emphysema/lung cancer.
  2. My father was diagnosed with lung cancer. He has emphysema. There is nothing that can be done for him as far as trying to "cure" the cancer.
  3. 3 friends that I never had chance to meet died. Yes, I know that sounds weird. I had contact with each person in some manner, and they were part of my life.

And the good of ahind.....

  1. Volunteering with WHOA. It gives one purpose to my life. And it's a purpose and, yes, obligation, that *I* have agreed to and love.
  2. Meeting some wonderful and caring people.
  3. Knowing that I am thought of by others. I am not alone.
  4. An apparent end to 3+ years of being cyber-harassed.

Now for ahead. Some certainties.

  1. I will start each day hoping for the best. It's my nature and sometimes I hate being that way. LOL
  2. I'm pretty sure it will eventually snow this winter (drat).
  3. I fear my dad will not see the end of the next year.
  4. My life *will* change, for many reasons, in many ways. Nothing that I can do about it.
  5. Summer will come with its warmth and sunshine!
  6. I will continue to be stressed with family stuff.

*********************************

I find it odd that people need a number, or more specifically a date, to remind them to be generous and caring. Should be that way all the time. Same goes for "resolutions". Seems the ones made on the "day for it" don't work well anyway! I like to sometimes forget about the "assigned" time. Just do things. I hope it makes other people feel good. I won't lie...it makes me feel good to do it.

And what about the down side of traditions. They play such an important role in our lives as long as things are good, happy, and "right with our world". They cause havoc and despair, stress and sorrow, when things are wrong. Could there be a tradition of intentional change? Would lack of tradition work as "tradition"?

*************************************

No comments: