Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Amazing Liberty

And here it is! The most amazing gift! All the way from Florida. Now I realize that it is hard to appreciate in the photo. This is a snow globe. Not just any snow globe, but one with the Statue of Liberty inside. So, you say, so what? Well then, you haven't read my complete profile (hee, hee). And, and, and, to top it off it's a music box, too. Yippeeeeeeee!

The next photo is of another gift I got this year. This was a Statue of Liberty kit! It came as punch out wood pieces on three sheets of .25 thick wood. Pretty much no instructions on how to assemble. Only lots of little numbers to match up. No numbers on the pieces, just a drawing of each sheet of pieces that was labeled. No glue required. As I recall it was something like 1 - 120. It said for ages 5 and up on the package...UH, HUH. Oh yeah, the framed poster behind came from the "snow globe" friends when I lived in FL. The wooden statue is about a foot tall.


And just so y'all get the idea. I've taken a couple pics of part of my collection. I have over 70 actual statues, all sizes, types, a bottle with maple syrup in it (from Maine), wacky with a light-up torch, some that open with surprises inside, a pencil sharpener, a pen, a liquor bottle, a giant puzzle (not pictured) that I mounted to stand on the floor, a thimble, ornaments, and on and on. I also have collector plates and mugs, postcards, magazine articles, posters, piano rolls, a mask, tins, and jewelry.






Oh, and don't you love the Liberty Cow! There's a bobble-head, too, in the back. So thank you for my Amazing Liberty F and L in FL. LOL, I just noticed that F and L match their state!

Just a little note...one of these days I've got to change the setting on my camera. I'm tired of poor photo quality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The snow globe is beautiful. What a collection you have! Have I missed it or have you not told us why you are facinated with the statue of liberty. I love tro read about the "story behind the story". Did it start when you were a kid? Write the story - in your spare time of course (he he).

BTW, the tree picture is a work of art. The garlands loop perfectly and the whole presentation must have been done by an artist! Ah yes, the art teacher. I read your blog and profile (and try to remember what I read but sometimes the synapses in my brain go on strike.)

Happy New Year!

deb said...

And there you have it, Mary, my next post says it. The how comes and whys!