Sunday, December 03, 2006

Tis the Season




Thought that I would have some fun with Christmas color! Oh yeah, I think I'll post a picture of our tree this year. It's a shame that the ornaments don't show up very well. It is covered with around 400 glass ornaments. Some were my grandparent's. I'll try another picture sometime with a different camera.


Today was the Sandy Bay Historical Society's Christmas Open House. My Mom and I went for about an hour. We aren't members but I had an invitation from the curator. She wanted to be sure I was there to hear the Manning organ being played. I restored the organ for them last winter and this was sort of it's debut! I just found the picture of it. With this organ I removed only the inner workings and took them to my shop. The case of the organ stayed at the Historical Society.
"The Bells of Harvey Park" also performed at the open house. Four members of our church play the handbells. It was a fantastic concert. Thanks Jim, Ellie, Ruth, and Sheryl for such beautiful "ringing"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tree is beautiful! Am looking forward to maybe some close ups of the ornaments? I love tree decorations with a history.

Missed the open house today as it wasn;t the most energetic day of my life and as you know, the boys were in high gear! They love the train set up downstairs - next year. Have gone in past years and am always proud of our Harvey Park bell quartet and the Society knows how to put on some wonderfully delicious home made foods - which I can't resist.

How nice that you did the restoration of the organ. You certainly have been busy for sure!

For your sake I hope the white stuff holds off tomorrow but G can't wait to "eat" snow. He will be disappointed as they say that if it does come, it won't be much.

Have a great week - looking forward to your next word pictures and actual ones as well.

deb said...

I hope that you are feeling better, today, Mary.