Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My Favorite Writer

Tis shopping time! I'd like to take some time to encourage all of you to purchase "Net Crimes & Misdemeanors, 2nd edition" by J. A. Hitchcock. It is a *must read* for anyone who is online. I'm copying below a portion of a review that I wrote for Amazon.com and for B&N.com about Jayne's book.


"In general, the new information and new stories were woven amid the 1st edition information so well that there was no way to make any assumptions and skip along through. Just for the heck of it I tried! Then went back and thoroughly read the particular section and found that there was new stuff I'd missed. I did this intentionally a couple times to check. Gave up on the game and just kept reading! New stuff I *really* liked - the chapter on blogs, journals, etc. and the Nigerian Chapter. Even the Afterword was perfect. Just rightly written. Can't explain it other than it seemed to encompass the entirety of the book for you.One (of many) of my favorite line(s). Intro, page 2, para.4, sentences 1 and 2. Buy the book and find out!
This book is excellent."

And at BarnesandNoble.com

"J. A. Hitchcock's insight and expertise will enlighten each reader. This book should be mandatory reading before anyone ventures online. Hitchcock knowledgeably steps beyond sensationalism to present real life stories illustrating the pitfalls and dangers lurking online, followed with straightforward preventative solutions. The author's expertise, intertwined with victim accounts, and even occasional humor, make this book engaging reading in addition to being an indispensable resource."

So...all of you...either click on the link above or go to www.netcrimes.net and order a copy for yourself and some extras for gifts for your family and friends who are online. This book will never stay in your bookcase...it'll be next to your computer giving you *all* the resources you need to be safe in every aspect of your online activities.

2 comments:

Netcrimes said...

Thank you for the much-needed plug! And if anyone orders the book before December 19th - they get a free gift bag and tissue paper!

deb said...

Very well deserved. I mean it sincerely...not just because I know you. Before we ever met, I felt the same about the 1st edition and personally bought copies for some friends. Actually, as I recall, I read a library copy first, then decided that I *had* to own it!